The GG Collection Product Care Compilation
Heritage Wood Collection Care
While the Heritage Collection wood pieces are Mango Wood, these pieces have a food-safe polyurethane coating, and therefore the use of oil on this collection is not advised. Instead, simply wipe with a damp cloth. Due to the metal inlay creating “crevices” on the surface, it is not advised to place non-solid or “wet” food directly on the surface.
Antiquity Wood Care
Mango Wood is a natural product that reacts to its environment. Although it is a durable hardwood, it is a good idea to periodically apply edible oil, such as olive oil or walnut oil to keep the wood from “drying out” and keeping its natural sheen.
- Clean serving pieces after each use by wiping with warm soapy water, rinsing immediately and wiping with a soft dry cloth.
- Again, rub with olive oil or walnut oil, protecting it from acidic foods, maintaining its beauty for years to come.
- Do not submerge in water.
For best results and to prolong use, hand wash flatware.
Hand wash using a mild, non-abrasive dishwashing soap and towel.
To avoid pitting and staining caused by acidic foods and mineral salts from tap water, flatware should be washed and dried soon after use.
- A stainless steel polish may be used to remove stains.
- Do not clean with an abrasive soap, sponge or steel wool.
- Do not allow stainless steel flatware to soak. Utensils must be properly cleaned soon after use to avoid staining.
- Do not wash silver plated and stainless steel items together.
- Do not wash in a dishwasher.
- Hand wash oversized pieces in mild, non-abrasive dishwashing soap and soft cloth.
- Dinnerware and serving pieces may be safely washed in a dishwasher using the low energy/air cycle. Avoid over-loading the dishwasher.
Bakers may be used in most microwaves and conventional ovens up to 400-425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Do not place ceramics with attached metal in the oven.
- Do not use casserole lids in the oven.
- Do not take dishes from refrigerator and place directly in a heated oven.
- Do not place ceramics in the freezer.
- CAUTION: Over tightening screws may cause breakage. On any ceramic or glass item that has a metal attachment, it is recommended that the attachment never be removed as replacing could cause damage.
Hammered Metal Care
- Hand wash glass items with a mild, non-abrasive dishwashing soap and soft cloth.
- Do not wash glass items in dishwasher.
- Glass items are not tempered and should not be used to serve hot beverages or food.
- Do not place glass items in the oven or microwave.